Committed to Protecting your Privacy
Accessit Corp recognizes the sensitive nature of personal information and we adhere to strict rules governing the protection of your personal information (Bill C-6 the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act., "PIPEDA") which governs the collection, use and disclosure of "personal information" in the course of commercial activities. PIPEDA has established a set of 10 Principles that organizations must follow when collecting, using and disclosing people's personal information in the course of commercial activity:
- Accountability: An organization is responsible for personal information under its custody and shall designate an individual or individuals who are accountable for the organization's compliance with the following principles.
- Identifying Purposes: The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified by the organization at or before the time the information is collected.
- Consent: The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate.
- Limiting Collection: The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the organization. Information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes
- Accuracy: Personal information shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness: An organization shall make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Individual Access: Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information, and shall be given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- Challenging Compliance: An individual shall be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to the designated individual or individuals accountable for the organization's compliance.
Personal Information may be used for:
- determine eligibility for our products and services
- process online form applications
- identify customer preferences
- participate in contests, promotions, and surveys
- provide requested information on products and
- assess our clients needs
- billing, collection and accounting services
- communication, service and administration
- measure and improve the effectiveness of our
From time to time, we may update our privacy statement. Please check back periodically.
Complaints or General Questions:
We welcome your questions or comments.
Attention: Privacy Officer
981 Century Street
Winnipeg, MB Canada R3H 0W4
Fax: (204) 694-8700
Learn more about the PIPEDA Act by visiting the
Canadian Privacy Commissioner's website: www.privcom.gc.ca.
(Cliquez pour agrandir)